Written by Peter Burgess, Deputy CEO / Director of Policy & Education, SMSF Association
As expected, the 2021-2022 Federal Budget has a strong emphasis on job growth and women’s security. From an SMSF perspective, after a few quiet Budgets, there were some welcome surprises for the SMSF investors in this year’s Federal Budget.
The following is a brief summary of the key changes relevant to the SMSF sector, including:
- Repealing the work test for voluntary contributions
- Reducing the eligibility age for downsizer contributions
- Relaxing residency requirements for SMSFs
- Legacy retirement product conversions
- Removing the $450 per month threshold for superannuation guarantee eligibility
Sorry, this content is reserved for members of our SMSF Connect community.
Please register for a free community account to view this content or login below.
Join the free community
Complete the form below to set up your free account and be regularly updated on SMSF and investing news and information.