If you have a self managed super fund or are thinking of setting one up, SMSF Connect aims to empower you to self-educate and take greater control over your destiny in achieving a dignified retirement.
We understand that education leads to greater knowledge and the ability to make more informed decisions. Take charge of your future with SMSF Connect, your comprehensive education resource for your SMSF.
SMSF Connect includes up to date information on the latest SMSF and superannuation news, education resources, checklists, information sheets, events, webinars, videos and more.
About the SMSF Association
The SMSF Association is the independent body representing Australia’s self-managed super fund sector. With over 1.1 million Australians now self-managing their super, the SMSF Association’s vision is to enable Australians to take greater control of their own destiny through a sustainable SMSF community.
We believe that a healthy SMSF sector contributes strongly to long term capital and national prosperity. We are here to improve the quality of advisors, the knowledge of trustees and the credibility and health of a vibrant SMSF community.
Sitting behind our name is a strong and clear set of beliefs.
- We believe that every Australian has the right to a good quality of life in retirement.
- We believe that every Australian has the right to control their own destiny.
- We believe that how well we live in retirement is a function of how well we have managed our super and who has advised us.
- We believe that better outcomes arise when professional advisors and trustees are armed with the best and latest information, especially in the growing and sometimes complex world of self-managed super funds.
- We believe that insisting on tight controls, accrediting and educating advisors, and providing accurate and appropriate information to trustees is the best way to ensure that self-managed super funds continue to provide their promised benefits.
- We believe that a healthy SMSF sector contributes strongly to long term capital and national prosperity.
- We are here to improve the quality of advisors, the knowledge of trustees and the credibility and health of a vibrant SMSF community.
Subscribe for the latest SMSF news and become a part of the SMSF Connect community
Our team - Key Association representative
Chief Executive Officer
Peter Burgess is the Chief Executive Officer of the SMSF Association. Prior to his appointment as CEO, Peter held the position of Deputy CEO / Director of Policy & Education with the Association and is a previous Association Board member.
With over 30 years of industry experience Peter is recognised as an authority in SMSF matters and Government policy design. He is a widely published author and media commentator on SMSFs and is regularly sought for comment on the latest policy and sector developments. Through his contribution to the development of SMSF education standards, his Government advocacy work and his commitment to professionalism and thought leadership, Peter has dedicated much of his career to improving SMSF advice competency standards and the vibrancy and credibility of the SMSF sector.
Peter holds an MBA from the University of Adelaide, an Economics degree and postgraduate qualifications in finance. In 2016, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the SMSF sector, Peter was awarded the SMSF Association’s Chairman’s Award. In June 2021, Peter achieved Fellow Member status with the SMSF Association, recognising his significant commitment, leadership and contribution to both the Association and the SMSF sector.