In this 3-part webinar series, Peter Hogan, Head of Technical, SMSF Association speaks with Steven Keating, Director, SMSF Client Experience – SMSF Segment, from the Australian Taxation Office on the ways the ATO is supporting SMSF trustees during the COVID-19 pandemic, and important measures to be aware of.
These important measures include:
- Temporary early access to super
- Changes to pension drawdowns
- Ongoing trustee responsibilities
Head of Technical,
Director, SMSF Client Experience – SMSF Segment,
Australian Taxation Office
Part 1 - Temporary early access to super
In the first part of the series, the ATO explains the details surrounding temporary early access to super, the self-assessment process and the importance of retaining evidence of eligibility.
Part 1 also:
- Outlines in detail the penalties that can be imposed for false or misleading statements
- Confirms the concerns of illegal early access to super
- Walks through the MyGov application process and important details surrounding it.