Content provided by S&P Dow Jones Indices
An index provider is a specialized firm that is dedicated to creating and calculating market indices and licensing its intellectual capital as the basis of passive products.
Click here to download the full article.
This series explores indices-related topics ranging from the basics of indices and their applications to the core concepts of passive investing, and will feature the following chapters;
- Chapter 1: Defining an Index
- Chapter 2: Who’s Behind the Index?
- Chapter 3: Index Access Via Products
- Chapter 4: Leveling the Playing Field
- Chapter 5: Methodology Matters
- Chapter 6: There’s an Index for That
- Chapter 7: Icons: The S&P 500® and The Dow®